Principal of Melnyk Law, Barristers and Solicitors.
- Over 40 years practice in a wide range of law, including commercial, corporate, tax, labour, and administrative law.
- Appeared before the Alberta Trial and Appeal Courts, Tax Court and Federal Court of Canada Acted as Counsel to the Classification Appeal Board, Public Service Appeal Board, Occupational Health & Safety Council, the Alberta Labour Relations Board and Environmental Council of Alberta.
- Acted as Vice-Chairperson of the Alberta Board of Industrial Relations.
- Acted as Chairperson in numerous labour, commercial, landlord-tenant, automobile and electrical industry arbitrations.
- Taught labour law, arbitration law, and tax law in the Law and Business Administration Faculties of the University of Alberta.
Harvard Law School, LL.M.,1963
University of Alberta – LL.B., Silver Medalist, 1962
University of Alberta, B.A., 1961