- 1972-1991- General practice in Kamloops
- 1991-1997-Litigation Counsel, insurance, land compensation, commercial leases, contractual, construction (court & arbitration) and appeared before Federal and Provincial administrative tribunals
- For the last 21 years restricted his practice to alternate dispute resolution.
|Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
- Mediated over 300 commercial disputes – personal injury, estates, insurance, partnership, construction, strata, environmental damage, property, farm & ranch, forestry, intergovernmental, ALR Community Issues, workplace , Work safe Discrimination
- 1996 – 2008 adjudicated Residential Tenancy Disputes
- Conducted domestic commercial arbitrations involving strata, employment, sale of businesses, commercial leases (renewals and other disputes), farms, forestry disputes, insurance (including Referee and UMP coverage), joint ventures, partnerships, professional negligence, construction and corporate disputes.
- The appointed Appeal Arbitrator under the Canada – British Columbia Crop Insurance Program
Alternate Dispute Resolution Training:
- Provided alternate resolution training to companies, organizations and the government of BC.
- Developed and taught the Thompson Rivers University course entitled Conflict Resolution in the Environment
Chartered Mediator, 2001
Chartered Arbitrator, 1994
McGowan Award of Excellence –ADR Institute of Canada, 2000
University of Ottawa, B. Comm., 1963
University of Western Ontario, B.L., 1972
Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1973