- Christopher O’Connor, Q.C. is a former Partner of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Has extensive experience in advising owners and contractors with respect to construction disputes, delay claims and all forms of construction disputes.
- Advised sureties with respect to contractor defaults and L&M bond claims.
- Advised fidelity insurers with respect to coverage issues under brokers’ blanket bonds, bankers blanket bonds, and subrogation claims arising from such disputes.
- Acted for various parties in the leaky condo crisis in British Columbia including the Ministry of Education with respect to leaky schools.
- Has experience in major matters such as the Capilano Twin Tunnel Project, the Lions gate Bridge Re-Decking, The Millennium Line, the Save-on Foods roof collapse, design and construction of a Potash Plant, design and construction of transmission lines, construction of manufacturing plants, construction of the Expo 86 ALRT guideway, the failure of posttension cables in buildings, claim arising out of the construction of hydro facilities, wastewater treatment plants, and bridges, highways and recreation centres.
|Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Christopher O’Connor, Q.C. has extensive experience in arbitrations and mediations, including acting as an arbitrator in a dispute relating to the construction of mine, a dispute relating of a co-generation plant, a dispute with respect to the construction of a transmission line, the annual price under a long term gas supply agreement, a dispute relating to the construction of a school, a dispute relating to the construction of a pipe line, a dispute relating to the construction of a highways bridge, a highways maintenance contract, a hospital, a golf course club house and a hotel, disputes relating to a purchase and sale agreement of shares in number of companies in the food industry, a commission agreement for a loan, the amount of rent payable under a lease, and a real estate partnership dispute, and a law firm’s departure dispute.
- Lectured at University of British Columbia Law School in ADR Course
- Participated in seminars conducted by Insight, the Canadian Institute, and The British Columbia Continuing Legal Education with respect to arbitration issues and mediation issues
- Participated as a lecturer at Forbes Conference on the Americas in Miami, Florida: The Enforcement of International Arbitration Awards in Canada and Association of Professional Engineers Annual Conference: Arbitration
- Accredited the designation Chartered Arbitrator by the Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Canada
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in London, England
- Accredited mediator and arbitrator at the British Columbia International Arbitration Centre
Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto, 1976
BA with Distinction from Carleton University, 1973
O’Connor Dispute Resolution Inc.
1887 Bonito Crescent,
Nanoose, BC, Canada V9P 9J1