Allen J. Krouse III
Law office of Frilot LLC, New Orleans, , United States
VanIAC Panel(s) : Appeal Tribunal, Domestic Arbitration, Emergency Arbitrator, Expedited Procedures Arbitrator, International Arbitration, Mediation, Referee
Practice Areas : Commercial Lease, Construction, Consumer, Corporate Commercial, Defamation, Employment, Energy, Franchise, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Insurance and Reinsurance, Life Sciences (Biotech, Pharma & Medical Devices), Personal Injury, Sports, Technology, Transportation
A.J. Krouse is a founding member of Frilot LLC. Mr. Krouse was selected for the 2011, 2017 and 2020 City Business’ “Leadership in Law” Award, recognizing the Top 50 lawyers in New Orleans. He has been recognized as a Louisiana Super lawyer and has been designated The Best Lawyers in America award for 2019. Frilot LLC has been recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms in Louisiana First-Tier Rankings” in 2016 – U.S. News & World Report. He concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, including health care, construction, commercial, employment, class actions/mass torts, environmental and maritime law. Mr. Krouse has been appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Louisiana since 2006. He also represents clients in various forms of alternative dispute resolution and has been selected to arbitrate and mediate disputes for other litigants. He has been selected as a court appointed special master. He was designated as a “Master Mediator” by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in 2015.
In 2020, Mr. Krouse was named to the panel at FedArb Inc. (FedArb) (www.fedarb.com). For over a decade, FedArb’s group of 50+ former federal judges and distinguished Neutrals have successfully mediated and arbitrated complex civil cases typically achieving results more efficiently and cost-effectively than through litigation.
He is a frequent speaker on electronic discovery, mediation and arbitration issues. He is a trainer of mediators and arbitrators and on the faculty of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) University and American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) Dispute Resolution Service. He serves as Chair of AHLA’s Program Planning Committee.
Mr. Krouse served in the United States Army, Military Police Corps, from 1977 to 1981 as a Platoon Leader, Executive Officer and Battalion Adjutant. He was Honorably Discharged as a Captain in the United States Army in September 1981. He served as a federal judicial extern, and federal judicial law clerk from 1983 to 1985 in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. He has been selected by the United States District Court Western District of Pennsylvania to the eDiscovery Special Masters’ Panel. He is a co-author of the College of Commercial Arbitrators, Guide to Best Practices in Commercial Arbitrations (4th Ed. 2017)Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators (CCA) – Austin, Texas
- Fellow – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, International Arbitration & Mediation Center – London, England
- (FCIArb Designation No 022054)
- Fellow – Academy of Court-Appointed Masters (ACAM) – Rockville, MD
- Arbitrator – CPR Panel of Distinguished Neutrals, New York, NY
- eDiscovery Panel
- Insurance-Policyholder Coverage Panel
- Franchise Southern Panel
- Environmental CPR Panel
- Employment Disputes Panel-South
- New Orleans ADR Panel
- Member – Panel of Neutrals, American Arbitration Association (AAA) – Class Action, Large, Complex
- Case (LCC), Commercial, Energy and Employment, Master Mediator Panels – New York, NY
- Louisiana, American, New Orleans and Federal Bar Associations
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The Maritime Law Association, Proctor
- Thomas More Inn of Court
- LSBA Assistant Bar Examiner (Constitutional Law)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- LSBA CLE Committee
- Loyola University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1984, J.D. Honors: Moot Court Board
- Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1977, B.A.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude