Carol L. Roberts
Law office of Carol Roberts Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domain Name Disputes, Domestic Arbitration, International Arbitration, Mediation
Practice Areas : Corporate Commercial, Employment, Government, Indigenous, Personal Injury, Real Estate, Sports
Experienced dispute resolution professional with a strong track record of providing competent and efficient mediation and arbitration services in a variety of areas, including: sports, employment, human rights, workers’ compensation, and real property assessment. Skilled communicator and negotiator with the ability to navigate different legal cultures and agreements when dealing with international arbitration cases. Recognized for degree of professionalism, respect, and compassion shown to tribunal participants. Accrued experience in the area of conflict of interest/ethics, fairness, & conducting harassment investigations.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
- Arbitrator and Mediator, Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada
- Arbitrator and Mediator, Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Ad-Hoc Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) – 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil and 2018 Olympic Games in Pyeongchang
- Member, British Columbia Employment Standards Tribunal
- Adjudicator, Indian Residential Schools Adjudication Secretariat
- Grievance Arbitrator, Unjust Dismissal Adjudicator & Wage Recovery Referee under Canada Labour Code
- Adjudicator, University of Victoria Discrimination and Harassment Policy Roster
- Member, Yukon and Nunatsiavut Dispute Resolution Boards
- Mediator, Canadian Human Rights Commission Roster of ADR Specialists with Experience in Aboriginal Communities
- Law Society of British Columbia, Fee Mediator
- Member, Ethics Committee, International Floorball Federation
Past Professional Engagements Include:
- Member, Musqueam Indian Band Board of Review
- Conflict of Interest Commissioner, Legislative Assembly of the N.W.T.
- Ethics Advisor, Rapid Transit Project 2000 Ltd. & Vancouver Trade & Convention Centre Expansion Project
- Vice-Chair, BC Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal
- Member, Property Assessment Appeal Board and British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal
- Northwest Territories Law Reform Committee
- Northwest Territories Law Society
- N.W.T. Law Reports Editorial Board, Discipline Committee (Non – Resident)
- Co‑Chair, Northwest Territories Branch, Canadian Bar Association, Native Law Subsection
- Law Society of British Columbia, Discipline and Credentials Committee
- Law Society of British Columbia, Discipline and Credentials Hearing Panel
- National Steering Committee, National Association of Women and the Law (NAWL), Trustee, NAWL Trust
- British Columbia Branch, Canadian Bar Association: Administrative Law and ADR Subsections
- Equality Committee, Advisory Committee to Judicial Council of B.C.
- Y.W.C.A. Board of Directors, Yellowknife, Judge, Y.W.C.A. Women of Distinction Awards, Victoria, B.C.
- Director, Belfry Theatre, Victoria, B.C.
- Law Society of B.C.
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- Member, Mediate B.C.
- Judicial Justice, Provincial Court of British Columbia
- BVI International Panel of Arbitrators
B.A. Political Science Major, University of Calgary
LL.B., University of Calgary
“Get on Board’ Governance Education Program, Intermediate Series, Canadian Board Diversity Council
Cornell University Summer Institute of International & Comparative Law, LL.M. credit courses, Paris, France
Summer Seminar of International Law (International Economic Law), University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland