Christian Carbajal, FCIArb.
Christian Carbajal, FCIArb.
Law office of the Firm Woss & Partners, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
ADR Certified Designation : FCIArb
Additional Language(s) : English, Portuguese, Spanish
VanIAC Panel(s) : International Arbitration
Practice Areas : Commercial Lease, Construction, Corporate Commercial, Energy, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
Legal counsel in domestic arbitration (Peruvian and Brazilian Arbitration Centers) and in international arbitration (ICSID, ICC and GAFTA). Arbitrator in domestic arbitrator proceedings (in commercial, civil, energy, infrastructure and construction issues).
Former Secretary of arbitration in commercial arbitration proceedings.
Director of Arbitration of CAMESC (Brazil) and former Secretary General of the International Arbitration Center of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (Peru).
Law Professor of International Arbitration in Peruvian universities (ULIMA and UESAN) and Brazilian universities (PUCPR and UNIVALI).
Member of the Working Groups on Arbitration and Public Administration and Investment Arbitration of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr).
Member of the Arbitration Committee of OAB/SC (Brazilian Bar Association), Brazil.
Speaker in Seminars on Conflict Resolution, National and International Arbitration, Foreign Investment and Free Trade Agreements.
Coach of the Arbitration Team of the Pontifical Catholic University of Parana (PUCPR) • FDI International Arbitration Moot – University of Miami 2019 and Korea 2021. Arbitrator at Pre-Moots (Vis Moots ICC-Paris, Moscow, St. Petersburg, CAMARB-Brazil, CAM-CCBC and FDI Moot).
Member of the “FDI Moot College of Arbitrators – Center for International Legal Studies (CILS)”, Salzburg, Austria and President of the Committee No. I on Public and Private International Law of the Inter-American Bar Association (IABA), Washington DC.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Legal counsel in domestic (Peruvian and Brazilian Arbitration Centers) and in international arbitrations (ICSID, ICC and GAFTA).
Arbitrator in domestic arbitrator proceedings (in commercial, civil, energy, infrastructure and construction issues).Professional and Other Activities
- Favorable ICSID arbitration awards against the Republic of Peru and GAFTA arbitrations related to fishmeal sales agreements between Peruvian and Chinese companies.
- British Chevening Scholarship to study LLM in International Economic Law, England.
- Graduated with distinction at Warwick University, allowing internship in the Firm Mayer Brown, London.
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal Experts in Arbitration – Future Leaders – 2019 and 2020.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb), London.
- President of Committee on Public and Private International Law – Inter-American Bar Association (IAEA), Washington DC.
Arbitration Institutions Enlisted as an Arbitrator:
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre – (VIAC) – Austria;
- London Court of International Arbitration – Arbitrator’s Database – (LCIA) – England;
- Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Mexico (CAM) – Mexico;
- Chamber of Mediation and Arbitration of the Commercial Association of Parana – (ARBITAC) – Brazil;
- Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation of Santa Catarina (CAMESC), Brazil;
- Chamber of Mediation and Business Arbitration (CBMAE) – Brazil;
- Chamber of Arbitration and Mediation of the Federation of Industries of Parana (CAMFIEP) – Brazil;
- Chamber of Mediation and Specialized Arbitration (GAMES) – Brazil;
- AMCHAM-Peru Arbitration Center- Peru;
- Arbitration Center of the Arequipa and lca Chambers of Commerce, Peru;
- Arbitration Center of the National Institute of Mining and Petroleum Law (INDEMIPE) – Peru;
- University of Warwick, England – Master in International Economic Law. British Chevening scholarship. Thesis on International Investment Arbitration. Title obtained with distinction, 2002.
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru – Graduate Lawyer, 1997.