Dr. Fabrizio Bedarida
Law office of Dr. Fabrizio Bedarida, Milan, Lombardy, IT (Italy)
Additional Language(s) : English, Italian
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domain Name Disputes
Practice Areas : Intellectual Property Law
Specialist in intellectual property law. Italian and European trademark attorney. Trademark Consultant. Intellectual property: specialist in Italian/ international and foreign trademark filing and prosecution; trademark infringement, opposition proceedings before the Italian Patent and Trademark Office, unfair competition/copyright infringement. Property asset value assessment (patents/ trademarks, knowhow). Official Expert at the Court of Milan. Internet-related IP matters: legal aspects of domain names vs. trademark policies/ domain name grabbing and litigation. Expert in procedures for reassigning generic top level domains (UDRP), adopted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), to resolve disputes on .gtld’s (i.e., .corn, .org/ .net, .biz etc.), and of country code Top Level Domains (i.e.: .it, .eu, etc. etc.). Out-of-court negotiations. I have been professionally responsible for protecting intellectual property on the internet since 1997.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Since 1997, daily practice of intellectual and industrial property law (e.g. trademarks), internet domain name disputes, e-commerce, unfair competition/ distribution and licensing/ protection/ and domain name registrations. Strategy for the protection and defense of intellectual property rights on the web, including settlements, counterfeiting, transfers, cancellations, UDRP procedures, out-of-court negotiations and settlements.
As Dispute Resolution Panelist concerning CCTLD.IT rendered 31 decisions. As WIPO Domain Name Panelist concerning both country code and generic Top Level Domain/ rendered 147 decisions. As CAC Domain Name Panelist concerning .eu and generic Top Level Domain, rendered 45 decisions. Whereas as a representative of complainants and/or respondents handled approximately 180 UDRP (or slight variation of UDRP) cases.Professional and Other Activities
- Member of the Italian Naming Authority.
- Member of the Arbitration Committee, constituted c/o the Italian Naming Authority.
- Member of ICANN At-Large Community.
- Global Member of the Internet Society (ISOC).
- Member of the Internet Society (Italy Chapter of ISOC).
- Registered Italian Trademark Attorney – Member of the Order of Industrial Property
- Consultants (Trademark Section No. 912, year 1999).
- Registered European Trademark Attorney at the EUIPO (European Intellectual Property
- Office), Alicante, Spain, Office of Community trademarks (registration No. 5838, year 2000).
- Official Technical Expert at the Court of Milan (trademark economic evaluation) 2009.
- Degree in Economics and Commerce. University of Pisa, Pisa – Italy
- Registered Italian Trademark Attorney – Enrolled member of the Order of Consultants in Industrial Property (Trademark Section No. 912 year 1999);
- Registered European Trademark Attorney at the EUIPO – European Union Intellectual
- Property Office, Alicante, Spain, competent office on the subject of community marks
- (registration No. 5838 year 2000)
- Official Expert at the Court of Milan (trademark economic evaluation) 2009.