Gabriel M. Somjen, Q.C.
Law office of G. Somjen Dispute Resolution, Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
ADR Certified Designation : C. Arb and C. Med
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domestic Arbitration, Mediation
Practice Areas : Corporate Commercial, Employment, Labour
Gabriel Somjen QC is a labour lawyer focusing on neutral work such as arbitration and mediation. Admitted to the British Columbia Bar in 1975. He graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Arts in 1969 and a Juris Doctor in 1974.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
He has adjudicated or mediated several hundred cases. He also teaches ADR Techniques to law students. He has experience in all areas of labour and employment law.Professional and Other Activities
- Member, Arbitrator’s Association of British Columbia
- Member and Past chair of ADR Vancouver Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association
- Listed arbitrator for the Collective Agreement Arbitration Bureau for British Columbia, The British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre and Member of the Civil Roster Mediate BC
- Past chair: Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
- Past board member: Vancouver Youth Theatre, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, Vancouver Art Gallery, The Children’s Foundation and Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- Published articles and delivered lectures on various topics in labour relations, including mandatory retirement, picketing, collective bargaining, grievances and workplace impairment.
B.A., University of Toronto, 1969
Juris Doctor, 1974