Kenneth J. Glasner, Q.C., FCIArb.
Law office of Kenneth J. Glasner, Q.C., FCIArb., Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domestic Arbitration, International Arbitration, Mediation, Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP)
Practice Areas : Construction, Corporate Commercial, Government, Health Care Law, Human Rights Law, Indigenous, Intellectual Property and Licensing, Life Sciences (Biotech, Pharma & Medical Devices), Real Estate
Kenneth Glasner, QC, is an experienced mediator and arbitrator based in Vancouver, BC. He has practiced as a neutral since 1967, and he was appointed as a federal Queen’s Counsel in 1990/
Ken has been involved in hundreds of disputes over a range of civil matter as a neutral and has been a frequent lecturer and panel member speaking on subjects dealing with ADR and designing mediation systems in Canada. He also sits on discipline panels. A number of his papers have been published. He retired some years ago as an adjunct professor of law at the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Law.
Ken participates with other colleagues as a special adjudicator and judicial justice of the peace in a highly successful small claims project for the Provincial Court of British Columbia that has resulted in cleaning up the backlog of cases. He is also on the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution’s panel of distinguished neutrals based in New York. He is a former trustee of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre and member of the working group dealing with domestic arbitration for the Uniform Law Conference of Canada. Recently, the minister of justice for British Columbia appointed him to an arbitration advisory group.
For more information including articles dealing with arbitration and mediation visit Ken’s website.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
- Appointed as a mediator in disputes before the Courts.
- Chaired Appeals under the Forest Act dealing with the cancellation of a pulp wood agreement.
- Appointed as an Arbitrator or Adjudicator by the Federal Minister of Labour and the Provincial Minister of Labour on numerous arbitrations and adjudications.
- Mediated Disputes for various Federal Government Ministries.
- Discipline Panel member for the Real Estate Council of British Columbia.
- Listed Arbitrator for the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre (BCICAC) as follows:
- Domestic – B.C. Panel;
- Domestic – Canadian panel;
- International Arbitration panel;
- Trial Overflow Panel.
- Listed Mediator for the Bank of Montreal mediation project.
- Listed Referee for the Supply and Construction Contract Referees – B.C. Hydro contract disputes.
- Member of the B.C. Mediation Roster.
- Panel Member of ADR Chambers.
- Member and advisor to the British Columbia Law Society’s Task force on Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1994.
- Frequent Lecturer and Contributor on the subject of Alternative Dispute Resolution, including the drafting of Arbitration and mediation clauses and dispute resolution.
- Appointed a Judicial Justice of the Peace in and for the province of British Columbia, January 2008.
- Honorary Legal Counsel, Congregation Schara Tzedeck.
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
University of British Columbia, B. Com., 1965
University of British Columbia, LL.B. 1968