Lisa Munro, LL.B, FCIArb, Q.Arb
Law office of Lerners LLP, Toronto, ON (Ontario), CA (Canada)
VanIAC Panel(s) : Expedited Procedures Arbitrator
Practice Areas : Corporate Commercial
Lisa Munro is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and has achieved the Qualified Arbitrator (Q.Arb.) designation from the ADR Institute of Canada. She is an arbitrator on the Arbitration Place and Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society (TCAS) rosters. Lisa is a partner of Lerners LLP in Toronto and brings to her role as arbitrator over 25 years of experience as litigation counsel with a broad range of expertise in business and contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, class actions, banking litigation, matters involving directors and officers liability, and accountant and auditor professional liability.
She has experience in both domestic and international commercial arbitrations (both ad hoc and under institutional rules). Lisa is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Canada Branch), a current member of TCAS and the former co-Chair of the TCAS Executive Committee.
Lisa has consistently demonstrated her strengths in decision making, business judgment, and conflict resolution in her executive leadership roles within her firm. She is a former member of Lerners LLP’s Executive Committee (2007 to 2019) and served as the Toronto Office co-Managing Partner (2008 to 2017) and Managing Partner (2018 to 2019).
She is a member of the 5-person committee which will be running and teaching the 2021/2022 TCAS Gold Standard Course in domestic and international commercial arbitration in Canada, the successful completion of which satisfies the requirements for the ADR Institute of Canada’s Q.Arb. designation.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Lisa Munro received formal education in arbitral proceedings (domestic and international) including:
- Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society Gold Standard Course (2017 to 2018), a comprehensive and intensive course in domestic and international commercial arbitration in Canada. Successful completion satisfies the training requirements for ADRIC’s Qualified Arbitrator (Q.Arb) designation, membership status in the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb), and the conditions of membership in the Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society (TCAS).
- CIArb Canada Accelerated Route to Fellowship Program in international commercial arbitration (September/October, 2020).
- Frequent speaker on both commercial and domestic arbitration topics for Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Canada Branch), Osgoode Professional Development, TCAS Gold Standard Course, and Ontario Bar Association.
- Director, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Canada Branch
- Director, Greater Toronto Scout Foundation
- ADR Institute of Canada/Ontario
- Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society
- Advocates’ Society
- Law Society of Ontario member in good standing
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada, Benchmark Canada (Litigation Star), and Canadian Legal
- Lexpert Directory for: alternative dispute resolution; corporate and commercial, appellate; and
- class action litigation; and professional malpractice law
- Women’s Executive Network Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award
- Lexpert Zenith Award for Diversity and Inclusion
- “Diversity Journal” Women Worth Watching Award
- Scouts Canada Medal for Good Service
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Qualified Arbitrator, ADR Institute of Canada (Q.Arb)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- L.L.B. University of Western Ontario, 1992