Marvin R.V. Storrow, Q.C., C.Arb
Law office of Marvin R.V. Storrow, Q.C., C. Arb, LL.D., Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
ADR Certified Designation : C. Arb and C. Med
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domestic Arbitration, International Arbitration, Mediation
Practice Areas : Accounting, Commercial Lease, Construction, Consumer, Corporate Commercial, Defamation, Employment, Energy, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Indigenous, Insurance and Reinsurance, Pension, Personal Injury, Tax, Wills and Estates
Mr. Storrow is a senior litigation partner involved in arbitration, mediation, civil and criminal law. His expertise includes general commercial litigation, personal injury, native claims, general commercial litigation, criminal law, environmental law, “White Collar Crime”, anti-dumping and international trade cases
His practice has involved numerous appearances at all levels of the provincial and federal court systems, including numerous appearances before the Supreme Court of Canada. Mr. Storrow was counsel on the leading First Nations cases of Guerin v. Her Majesty the Queen, R. v. Sparrow, Roberts v. The Queen, and R. v. Gladstone at all court levels along with a number of aboriginal rights and other leading Canadian cases including Apsassin, DelgamuukwandErmineskin v. Her Majesty the Queen. Three of his cases have been ranked by Canadian legal scholars as among the top 15 most important cases in Canadian legal history.
Mr. Storrow has conducted several trials at all Court levels in the Northwest Territories and in every province of Canada except Prince Edward Island.
Mr. Storrow’s cases appear approximately 500 times in various Canadian legal reports.
Mr. Storrow is recognized annually in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as one of the leading lawyers in Canada.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Mr. Storrow has been involved with a wide variety of litigious matters and alternative dispute resolution matters over the past 47 years.
- Arbitrator since approximately 1985
- Chartered Arbitrator – ADR Institute of Canada
- Member of the arbitrator panels of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre, the British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Canada
- Recipient of the Chief Justice James Valentine Milvain, Visiting Chair in Advocacy (University of Calgary) in 1987. This Award is awarded to a leading Canadian barrister.
- The Georges A. Goyer, Q.C. Award for exceptional contributions to the legal profession.
- Mr. Storrow was awarded the University of British Columbia Alumni Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award. This Award is given to recognize an extraordinary individual who through a lifetime of outstanding service and contribution to the community has demonstrated the true spirit of the Association’s mission.
- Mr. Storrow has received an LL.D. (honoris causa) Doctorate Degree from the Justice Institute of British Columbia.
Mr. Storrow has written and lectured on a number of “White Collar Crime”, “Aboriginal Rights”, “Medicare in Canada” “Child Pornography” and several other matters and acted as defence counsel in one of Canada’s first money laundering cases.
Mr. Storrow has been a frequent lecturer and conference co-ordinator for both the Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C. and the University of British Columbia Law School. He has delivered lectures and chaired panels both inside and outside of Canada as well as at the University of Victoria, School of Public Administration; Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice; The International Centre for Criminal Law Reform & Criminal Justice Policy, Canada; Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia and Pacific Business & Law Institute, the University of Calgary Law School and Pacific Business & Law.Academic Qualifications
University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1962
Admitted to the British Columbia, Alberta and Northwest Territories Bars