Mr. Eduardo Zuleta
Law office of Zuleta Abogados Asociados, Bogota, Capital District, CO (Colombia)
ADR Certified Designation : Chartered Arbitrator (C. Arb)
Additional Language(s) : Spanish
VanIAC Panel(s) : International Arbitration
Practice Areas : Construction, Corporate Commercial
Eduardo Zuleta presently serves as Vice President of the ICC Court of Arbitration and has been appointed to the ICSID panel of arbitrators by the Chairman of the ICSID Administrative Council. Mr. Zuleta is past co-Chair of the Arbitration Committee of the IBA and a member of the court of arbitration of the LCIA.
Eduardo has been chair, co-arbitrator, sole arbitrator and counsel in international commercial arbitrations under ICC, UNCITRAL and ICDR Rules in matters involving private and State parties and related to construction, oil & gas, infrastructure, utilities, distribution, contracts for decontamination, commercial contracts in general and project finance. Venues of the arbitrations include Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Panama, New York, Miami, Paris, London, and The Hague.
Mr. Zuleta has acted as advisor and arbitrator in investment arbitration under ICSID – including arbitrations and annulment committees- UNCITRAL and ICC Rules.
Eduardo is an attorney from Universidad del Rosario with post graduate degree in financial law, Diploma of Laws in Dispute Resolution from University of London.
Eduardo Zuleta has been in house counsel to the Colombian Banking Association, director of the International Department of Bancolombia, associate of and international partner of a US law firm and founding partner of Zuleta Abogados Asociados.
Eduardo is highly and consistently recommended by specialized publications and by international magazines, such as GAR 100, Who´s Who Legal and Chambers & Partners in the area of arbitration and dispute resolution.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Eduardo Zuleta is a listed arbitrator in the Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá, the ICDR and the Center of Arbitration of British Columbia.
Chair, co-arbitrator, sole arbitrator and counsel in international commercial arbitration under ICC, ICDR and UNCITRAL Rules in arbitrations on energy, infrastructure, construction, project finance, distribution laws, international corporate matters (SHA, SPA, JV) and international contracts.
Chair, co-arbitrator and counsel in investment cases under ICSID and UNCITRAL Rules.
- Diploma in International Dispute Resolution University of London, Queen Mary.
- Training courses at ICC and ICDR.
- Chair in an investment arbitration involving a Latin American State.
- Proxy in an international arbitration related with the construction of a hydroelectric.
- Chair in an international arbitral tribunal related to the construction of a thermoelectric.
- Co-arbitrator in an international arbitration related to technological product.
- Proxy in arbitration proceedings related to the claim of payments in telecommunications Joint Venture Agreements.
- Sole arbitrator in an international arbitration related to the construction of a tunnel in a hydroelectric project.
- Vice-Chair, Arbitration Committee IBA
- Chair, Americas Initiative Institute for Transnational Arbitration
- Member Latin American Group ICC
- Member, Task Force for the Review of the ICC Rules
- Co-Editor of a collective publication on the New York Convention
- Author of several papers on international commercial and investment arbitration
J.D., Universidad Del Rosario (honors)
M.L., Financial Law, Universidad Del Rosario
Diploma with merits, International Dispute Resolution, University of London, Queen Mary
Professor, International Dispute Resolution