Mr. Lawrence A. Kahn, KC
Law office of Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP, Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
ADR Certified Designation : C. Arb and C. Med
VanIAC Panel(s) : Mediation
Practice Areas : Family
Larry Kahn graduated from UBC Law School in 1971 and was called to the British Columbia Bar in May 1972.
Larry Kahn formed his own firm and has been practicing in Richmond since 1974. He is a founding partner at Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP.
Mr. Kahn has practiced exclusively in the area of Family Law for the past 39 years, including divorce, custody, child and spousal support, property division, complex financial matters, business valuations, corporate reorganizations and pension division issues, separation, cohabitation and marriage agreements. As part of his family law practice, Mr. Kahn has substantial experience in adoption and reproductive technology law.
He has provided expert opinions to other family law lawyers and the bar.
Mr. Kahn has extensive appellate court experience and has provided expert testimony in complex fee disputes.
He has chaired and is a frequent contributor to CLE programs, including the introduction to the Family Relations Act in 1980 and was a founding editor of the Family Law Agreement Manual.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
- Mediator for over 27 years
- January 25, 2008 – Justice of the Peace- Adjudicator (Small Claims Pilot Project)
- November 2007-Arbitrator-Supreme Court Order-Custody and Access
- Spring 2001-Special Referee-Supreme Court Order-Custody and Access
Mr. Kahn has been listed in the Canadian edition of the Best Lawyers in America since 2007. This publication is regarded as the preeminent referral guide to the legal profession in North America, with lawyers appearing in it having been recommended by their professional peers.
Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association – Family Law Subsection
- American Bar Association – Family Law Section
- American Bar Association – Genetics and Reproduction Technology Committee
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Association of Family Conciliation Courts
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Family Mediation Canada
- B.C. Mediation Roster Society (Family Roster)
Queen’s Counsel, 2008
University of British Columbia, LL.B., 1971
Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 1972