Robert Neron, LL.B, LL.M, C.Arb., C.Med
Law office of Arbitration & Workplace Investigation Firm Simner Co., Orleans, ON (Ontario), CA (Canada)
ADR Certified Designation : C. Arb and C. Med
Additional Language(s) : French, Spanish
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domain Name Disputes, Domestic Arbitration, International Arbitration, Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP)
Practice Areas : Construction, Corporate Commercial, Employment, Indigenous, Intellectual Property and Licensing, Maritime, Sports
Robert Neron is a Senior Lawyer, a Chartered Arbitrator, a Qualified Mediator, a Labour Arbitrator and a Workplace Complaint Investigator who has completed more than 70 workplace investigations and rendered more than 1,000 quasi-judicial and arbitral decision in the last 20 years. Mr. Neron is the Founder and CEO of Simner Corporation, an Ottawa-based bilingual Arbitration Firm.
Robert has been admitted to the Law Society of Ontario and the Law Society of Nunavut. He is also a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Canada, that accredited him as a Chartered Arbitrator and a Qualified Mediator.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Robert is a respected senior bilingual lawyer who has shifted his legal practice to full-time neutral work as Arbitrator, Mediator, and Workplace Investigator (harassment complaints, misconduct and wrongdoing).
He has twenty years of professional experience in adjudicating various cases and has presided over matters at the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB); at the Indian Residential School Adjudication Settlement Process; at the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada and has handled many labour disputes. His areas of expertise are workplace investigation, labour, sport and international commercial and trade disputes.
In 2000, the Parliament of Canada appointed him as a full-time member of the IRB in 2000 and in 2004, he was appointed Assistant Deputy Chairperson of the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD), a position that he held for seven years. In 2013, he was appointed by the Government of Ontario as a negotiator to settle Residential, Commercial and Industrial land expropriation disputes. In 2019, he was selected by the Canadian Government as a Member of Expert Arbitrators in International Trade under Chap. 19 of the USMA (NAFTA). In 2015, Robert published: Investor-State Arbitration (NAFTA and CAFTA) in the Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business, Wolters Kluwer.Professional and Other Activities
- Construction Finance; Construction Management & Cost Control, Columbia University, 2018
- Doping: Sports, Organizations and Sciences, University of Lausanne, 2016
- Labour Arbitration Law and Practice, University of Quebec, 2014
- Ombudsman Certificate, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2014
- Conducting Administrative, Oversight and Ombudsman Investigations, Ottawa, 2012
- International Commercial Arbitration Law, Boston University School of Law, 2011
- Master of Law in International Business Law (LL.M.), Boston University School of Law, 2015
- Executive Program in Leadership, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, 2014
- Bachelor of Law (LLB.), University of Moncton, Faculty of Law, 1995
- Bachelor of Political Science (B.A.), Laval University, 1987