Vincent R. Orchard, KC, C. Arb.
Law office of Vincent Orchard, KC Dispute Resolution & Settlements, Burnaby, BC, CA (Canada)
ADR Certified Designation : Chartered Arbitrator (C. Arb)
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domestic Arbitration, Underinsured Motorist Protection (UMP)
Practice Areas : Corporate Commercial, Healthcare, Indigenous, Insurance and Reinsurance, Personal Injury
Vincent Orchard was a litigation partner at Borden Ladner Gervais Vancouver office. He was admitted to the British Columbia Bar in 1976. He is a graduate of Dartmouth College and the University of Manitoba. Vincent started his career at the Federal Department of Justice in Vancouver before joining Ladner Downs. He is a former Supreme Court of Canada law clerk.
Vincent was appointed a Queen’s Counsel in 2004.
- Senior Counsel managing major litigations files for international and national corporations and public bodies
- Has appeared as counsel at all levels of courts and tribunals in British Columbia as well as the Supreme Court of Canada and Federal Court, Trial Division and Federal Court of Appeal
- Practice focused in the area of civil litigation, arbitration and mediation of civil disputes including personal injury, insurance, product liability, class actions, professional negligence, media law including defamation and aspects of Aboriginal law and commercial disputes
- Acted for a broad range of insurers, corporations and individuals. Involved in insurance coverage disputes, casualty claims, contract disputes, property claims, life and disability, product liability and class actions
Mr. Orchard is certified as a Chartered Arbitrator. Mr. Orchard is a civil mediator on the Mediate B.C. Civil Roster. Mr. Orchard has participated in hundreds of mediations covering a broad range of civil disputes. Mr. Orchard is also Chair of the panel of Arbitrators and Referees for the Hepatitis C Class Action litigation in British Columbia resulting in many published decisions. Mr. Orchard has forty years of experience in resolving disputes.Professional and Other Activities
- Appeared regularly as a speaker at CLE seminars
- Author of published papers and articles
- BC Arbitration and Mediation Institute
- Past Chair of Insurance Law subsection of Canadian Bar Association/ British Columbia Branch
- Past Chair of Insurance Law subsection of Canadian Bar Association/ Insurance Corporation of British Columbia Liaison Committee
- Member ADR Institute of Canada
- ADR WEB arbitrator/mediator
Dartmouth College, BA
University of Manitoba, LLB