Mrs. Edna Sussman, Esq.
Law office of Sussman ADR LLC, Scarsdale, NY (New York), US (United States)
ADR Certified Designation : C. Arb and C. Med
VanIAC Panel(s) : International Arbitration
Practice Areas : Accounting, Corporate Commercial, Energy, Franchise, Insurance and Reinsurance, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
Edna Sussman is a full time arbitrator and mediator, the Distinguished ADR Practitioner in Residence at Fordham University School of Law and the principal of SussmanADR LLC. She was formerly a litigation partner at the law firm of White & Case LLP and of counsel at Hoguet Newman Regal & Kenney LLP. Represented clients and served as an arbitrator and mediator in complex international and domestic commercial disputes involving claims or determinative of transactions ranging in value from $1 million to $3 billion.Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Served as an arbitrator (chair, panelist and sole arbitrator) in over 100 complex multi-million dollar arbitrations and over 100 complex mediations. Handled arbitrations under various institutional rules and adhoc. Serves as a court certified mediator.
- Conducts semi- annual two day training for new American Arbitration Association arbitrators (1 of less than 10 trainers nationwide) and serves as faculty for other trainings.
- Member of arbitration and mediation institutional panels in multiple jurisdictions around the world.
- Best Lawyer every year since 2007 for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Super Lawyers every year since 2009 for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Selected based on peer review as Best Lawyer’s “2012 New York City Mediation Lawyer of the Year” (one selected annually)
- Who’s Who of Commercial Mediation 2011
- Certified mediator, International Mediation Institute
- Board of Directors, American Arbitration Association, College o f Commercial Arbitrators
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Co- Chair, Arbitration Committee and Member of Council, Dispute Resolution Section
- Co-Chair, Arbitration Committee, Section of International Law
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- Co-Editor-In-Chief, New York Dispute Resolution Lawyer
- Former Chair, 2010-2011, Dispute Resolution Section
- Author of numerous articles and frequent speaker
Columbia Law School (J.D. 1973); Barnard College (B. A. 1970)
Bar Admissions: New York 1974; United States Supreme Court.; U. S. District Court Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; United States Court of Appeals, 2nd and 3rd Circuits.