Thomas Manson, Q.C.
Lawyer, Arbitrator, Foreign Expert Instructor
Contact Thomas Manson, Vancouver, BC, CA (Canada)
ADR Certified Designation : C. Arb and C. Med
VanIAC Panel(s) : Domain Name Disputes, Domestic Arbitration, International Arbitration
Practice Areas : Corporate Commercial, Government
Thomas Manson, QC is a Foreign Expert Instructor at Peking University working from North Vancouver instructing courses.
Thomas Manson, QC was working for the Vancouver office of Forstrom Jackson. His law practice includes dispute resolution in connection with commercial disputes and environmental disputes. He has acted as soled arbitrator and as a member of an arbitration panel in commercial, environmental, and other disputes.
- Extensive experience with Securities Act proceeding (BCSC/ASC/MSC) and SRO proceedings (including IIROC (formerly IDA and RS) and MFDA matters).
- Experience with Environmental Management (formerly Waste Management) Act regulatory proceedings.
Arbitrator (2000-present), Mediator (2002-present)
Member of arbitration panels of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre and British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute
Director of the British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute (2010 – Present)Professional and Other Activities
- Chair – “Securities Litigation” Courses, 2000 and 2005,
- Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C.
- Course Lecturer – DLE, Canadian Securities Institute,
- BC Compliance Officers’ Forum,
- Association of Canadian Compliance Professionals,
- Canadian Institute, Insight, and BCAMI
- Author/Contributor – Numerous papers for CLE;
- CLE’s Supreme Court Chambers Orders, 2005, 2007, and 2010 Updates;
- CSA Insider Trading Task Force Report, 2003
LLB., University of Victoria, 1980
M.A. University of London (School of Oriental & African Studies), 1977
B.A., University of British Columbia, 1976