Michel A. Jeanniot
Law office of Jeanniot & Associates L.L.P. | S.E.N.C.R.L.
Montreal QC (Quebec) CA
Additional Language(s) :
VanIAC Panel(s) :
Domestic Arbitration, International Arbitration
Michel Jeanniot is a member of the Quebec Bar since 1985, always in private practice with a focus and expertise primarily in the areas of commercial, civil, banking and insurance law.
Michel is called upon to offer numerous services to banks, trust companies, insurance companies and other financial institutions, and to the business community at large. He also provides legal counsel in commercial and real estate law through the referral service of the Bar of Montreal. He acts as legal counsel for several offshore business corporations (Jersey Island & Bahamas), US constituted entities, primarily Delaware and Florida, as well as European business corporations (SARLs).
Michel has pleaded before the courts of all Quebec jurisdictions as well as the Federal and the Supreme Court of Canada. A seasoned litigator, negotiation remains his preferred approach to problem solving. During the summer of 2005, Me Jeanniot was qualified as Mediator & Arbitrator and since, accepted the presidency of the Canadian Commercial Arbitration Center (www.ccac-adr.org), the largest such organization in Québec which specializes in alternate dispute resolution programs. Simultaneously, he was a founding partner of Jeanniot & Associates LLP (www.jeanniot.ca), a boutique law firm servicing the general business community including chartered banks, trusts, financial institutions, private investment banks, insurance companies.
|Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Me Jeanniot is an accredited arbitrator for:
- International arbitration;
- General commercial arbitration;
- Arbitrations (Civil & Commercial) under the national agreement with the private resource’s negotiating committee of the health sector (Quebec) (the “CPNSSS”);
- Securities matters under the Arbitration program established under the aegis of IIROC (Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) in compliance with the Specialized Arbitration procedure
- Québec Government Regulatory Arbitration Plan under the (Quebec) Building Act (R.B.Q. );
- Independent specialist (for Canada) under the aegis of the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP);
- Franchising matters.
|Professional and Other Activities
- Fellow of the Pound Civil Justice Institute since 2011. (International think tank launched by Canadian and American Bar Associations with primary mission to promote access to the judicial system).
- Lecturer Magespic Program / Polytechnique Montréal School of Engineering (Graduate civil engineering management program, Department of Civil, Geology and Mineral Engineering) addressing the fundamentals.
- of alternative dispute resolution, focused onmajor engineering project.
- Certifying trainer and speaker under the Québec Chamber of Notaries continuous education program (86th
- session) a compendium for Barrister’s having prior business and corporate background.
- Publishes newsletters for certain privileged clients.
- Contributor to the ‘Global Arbitration Review’.