Attorney-at-Law (now semi-Retired) formerly engaged in complex civil litigation and Trial and Appeals Court Practice, on behalf of both plaintiffs/claimants and defendants/respondents. Admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts of Illinois (1982-2008); and admitted practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court Bar, (1983-2008). Formerly, served as Assistant Attorney General for the State of Illinois, and more recently serving in Law Enforcement as a part-time sworn Police Officer. Also, formerly licensed as Real Estate Broker in State of Illinois (1997-2008).
25+ Years of Litigation experience in Trial and Appeals Practice in state and federal courts, and as a certified National/International Commercial Arbitrator.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution Experience includes the following areas: Contracts; Injunctions and TRO’s; Securities and Investments; Finance and Trade; Real Estate; Corporations; Partnerships; Intellectual Property rights — including Trade Secrets, Trademarks, Copyrights and Non-Compete Agreements; Probate/Estate/Will/Trust Contests; Labor and Employment Law — including Discrimination, Civil Rights, Wrongful Discharge; Negligence, Personal Injury and Insurance Coverage disputes — including Automobile Accidents, Product Liability, Malpractice, Construction & Design Defects; Consumer Rights, Creditor, Fraud, RICO; and Class Actions.
|Dispute Resolution Experience and Training
Robert Morton is a highly experienced commercial Arbitrator, presided in more than 100++ Arbitration hearings, and has been accredited by these national & international ADR Organizations (past and present):
- ICC International Court of Arbitration/US Council for International Business (USCIB) – list of approved International Commercial Arbitrators
- International Bureau of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) – list of approved Arbitrators
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) – approved International Arbitrator panelist
- Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI) – approved International Arbitrator panelist
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA) – approved International Arbitrator panelist
- Beijing Arbitration Commission – Panel of International Commercial Arbitrators
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) – approved International Commercial Arbitrator
- British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Center (BCICAC) – approved International Commercial Arbitrator panelist
- World International Property Organization (WIPO) – approved Int’l Intellectual Property Arbitrator
- Arbitration Center of Mexico – registered International Commercial Arbitrator Panelist
- Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC) – approved List of Arbitrator Practioners
- The Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA)
- The Association of Arbitrators of Southern Africa – approved Panel member
- Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (ADNDRC)
- American Arbitration Association – certified commercial Arbitrator
- ADR Systems – approved Commercial and Employment Arbitrator
- Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry Permanent Court of Arbitration – panelist
- NASD Arbitrator Training Lecturer – Former invited Speaker at National Arbitrator Skills Training Conference on presiding as Arbitrator/Chair in cases involving Emergency Interim Injunctions, Trade Secrets and Non-Compete Agreements
- National Future’s Association- certified public Arbitrator
- New York Stock Exchange – certified (public) Arbitrator
- Chicago Board Options Exchange- certified (public) Arbitrator
- Cook County Court Mandatory Arbitration Program- certified Arbitrator and Chairman
- Illinois State Board of Education – certified Hearing Officer for tenured Teacher dismissal cases
|Professional and Other Activities
Arbitrator Training Lecturer – Former invited Speaker at N.A.S.D. National Arbitrator Skills Training Conference – Topic: presiding as Arbitrator in cases involving Injunctions, Trade Secrets, and non-compete agreements.
- Judicial Candidate in 2002 Elections for Circuit Court Judge of the 19th Judicial Circuit (Lake & McHenry Counties, IL.). Rated “Well-Qualified” for Circuit Judge by Supreme Court Blue-Ribbon Judicial Screening Committee.
- Licensed as Attorney in State of Illinois (1982-2008), U.S. District Court for N.D. IL. (Trial Bar), U.S. Court of Appeals for Seventh Circuit, and admitted to the Bar of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Law Enforcement experience – former part-time sworn Police Officer – northern Illinois suburbs
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in State of Illinois (1997 – 2008)
B.A., Political Science, University of Michigan, 1978- Summa Cum Laude and Pho Beta Kappa
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1982